The excerpts for the 2021-2022 PMEA D1 Chorus Auditions can be found here
2021-2022 PMEA District 1 Chorus Audition Excerpts
Direct Link to the PMEA D1 Chorus Submittable Audition - https://pmeadistrict1.submittable.com/submit/209738/pmea-d1-district-chorus-auditions-2021-2022
Directors & Students - Please be sure to read and follow the directions provided below in order to ensure a complete and viable audition.
AUDITION PROCESS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Directors must be a current member of PMEA in order for students to audition.
- The student and director must have a Submittable account. The application(s) and audition videos can be submitted through the director's account or the student's account. Students, please confirm with your director how he/she would like you to proceed. Directors, most directors have their students submit the application and audition video so that the student is free to complete it at any time during the audition window, but the decision is at your discretion. Please note - automated email notifications from Submittable are sent to the email address on the Submittable account under which the application is submitted; however, directors will receive information about judging, results, etc. directly from the PMEA D1 President.
- Complete the application form carefully. Please ensure that the director's name and email address are included in the application, not a private teacher's information.
- Record the required music excerpt(s) from start to finish without cuts and/or splices. Students should not include warm-ups in the videos. Students’ hands/body/face must be visible in the video. To obtain the best audio quality, a good microphone as well as high-end computers or digital recording devices for the recording equipment are suggested. ** There can be no use of any device that can be perceived to give aid to a student (i.e. no earphones, airpods, etc.)
- Students must upload his/her audition, through his/her Submittable account, no later than 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 23, 2021. Each excerpt must be recorded in a separate video. **Students need to consider the time that will be required to complete the online application and process/upload the audition video in order to ensure the timely submission.
- You may NOT wear any identifying clothing (i.e. school t-shirts, PMEA/NAfME All-East or National shirts) or include any identifying information in the file name or content (i.e. - using your name or school name in the file name or announcing your name at the beginning of the video.
- Directors, if you would like your auditionees to be considered for representation, you must submit a director's form with the student('s) ranking to Ben Murray email@example.com and Nathan Hart firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 23, 2021. Director Information Form