D1 Music educators have always shown forward-thinking when it comes to supporting the greater good of our District 1 programs. With that spirit in mind, the executive committee is starting a district-level lesson sharing resource which all members directors of D1 will have access to. We ask each of our members to pick an online lesson that worked the best for any class that you teach to share with other music educators in the district. If you would like to submit more than one, you can do so, but if every member contributes one lesson, then our entire area will have a “treasure trove” of peer-reviewed lessons that you could go to when you are maintaining the online curriculum.
These lessons could cover any number of topics, which is why we have categorized a submission process. Use the links on https://district1.pmea.net to submit in a category that most closely fits the lesson you will offer. There will be a committee of educators reviewing the submissions before they are cataloged for use. When you are submitting, please consider the following:
- Please submit only the following file types - Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, PDFs, or Word Files
- Please remove all identifying information on the copy you submit. Please remove school names, teacher names, etc. You can leave a generic space for this information for others to use.
- Include somewhere in the files all materials your submission may require to complete the lesson successfully.
- If there is any guidance for implementation, please make a note of that also!
- You will be credited next to the lessons you submit so that other teachers who use it know who helped develop the lesson.