Choral Kaleidoscope is a NEW professional development workshop for choral conductors working at all levels. Participate in-person (active and auditing conductors) or online (auditing conductors)! Join Dr. Caron Daley, Dr. Matthew Mehaffey, and Dr. Meghan DeWald-Althouse for five inspirational days:
- Conduct and sing in daily conducting master classes with members of the Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh
- Hone skills in conducting technique, score study, rehearsal technique, and vocal pedagogy
- Study embodied pedagogies (Dalcroze Eurhythmics, Laban Movement Analysis, body mapping, and yoga) and inclusive teaching practices
- Perform in a final in-person/live-streamed concert!
Please see the attached flyer for more details, or visit: www.duq.edu/choralkaleidoscope!
HIGH SCHOOL VOCAL INTENSIVE:
High School Vocal Intensive: July 26-30, 2021
Caron Daley and Meghan DeWald-Althouse, Co-Artistic Directors; Kelley DeFade, Voice Faculty, Paul Miller, Musicianship
The High School Vocal Intensive is a new institute for high school singers who love to sing and are considering careers in music!
This five-day intensive course explores all aspects of the vocal arts.
- Receive two voice lessons from our world-class instructors (classical, musical theatre, or jazz repertoire)
- Participate in daily coachings, small ensemble rehearsals and masterclasses
- Practice daily yoga for singers
- Build supportive music skills in daily musicianship classes
- Sing in daily choral rehearsals alongside Choral Kaleidoscope participants and members of the Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh
- Perform in a final recital (in-person and live-streamed)
Registration closes July 1!
Please see the attached flyer for more details, or visit: www.duq.edu/hsvocalintensive