South Fayette High School
3640 Old Oakdale Rd.
McDonald, PA 15057
Below is some general information and schedule for the PMEA District 1 Honors Band Auditions on Monday, October 2, 2017. If you need any additional information, please contact Eryn Carranza-Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Parents/Students, please direct questions to your school's director.) We look forward to hosting you!
Registration: 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. Audition fee* ($5 per student) is due upon registration.
*Invoices are available upon request.
Director's Meeting: 4:30 p.m. Director must be present in order for students to audition.
Auditions: 5:00 p.m. - ?
Directors that have percussionists auditioning for Honors Band: There will be a 4 1/3 octave marimba available for the audition. Please inform your students so they can practice accordingly. There will be a xylophone on site as well for those students that may not have access to a marimba.
Director Procedures and Notes:
- Please enter the high school through the Fine Arts entrance (to the right of the main entrance).
- Upon arrival, please sign in at the director's table and proceed to the band room for the meeting. Once in the band room, please sign up for an audition responsibility and enjoy dinner compliments of the South Fayette High School Bands.
- Certain instrument groups will have "prelim" and "final" rooms based on the number of students auditioning in that section.
- Tabulation of scores will be completed in the chorus room. Results will be posted on the PMEA District 1 website on Tuesday, October 3.
Student Procedures and Notes:
- Please enter the high school through the Fine Arts entrance (to the right of the main entrance). South Fayette students will be stationed throughout the building all evening to direct and assist you.
- Upon arrival, students should go to the student sign-in table, pay the audition fee of $5.00 and receive an audition card.
- Students should report, with the completed audition card, to the theatre stage for audition registration. You will be assigned an audition number based on your arrival (no special requests - no exceptions). Also, please be sure to double check the spelling of your name as this information will be forwarded to the Honors Band host director!
- After the student has completed the audition registration, he/she should remain in the theatre and/or the theatre lobby to wait for auditions to begin.
- Concessions will be available for purchase in the theatre lobby. Absolutely no food or beverage is permitted inside the theatre. Please consume all food and beverages in the lobby or outside the building.
- Students will be directed to the audition rooms at approximately 5:00 p.m.