Directors & Students - Please be sure to read and follow the directions provided below in order to ensure a complete and viable audition.
Submissions must be uploaded no later than 10:00 p.m. on Monday, February 7, 2022.
Direct Link to Audition: https://pmeadistrict1.submittable.com/submit/216817/pmea-district-1-chorus-auditions-for-placement-in-region-chorus-2021-2022
Audition excerpts for the 2021-2022 PMEA District 1 Chorus Auditions can be found here:
2021-2022 PMEA District 1 Chorus Audition Excerpts
AUDITION PROCESS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Directors must be a current member of PMEA in order for students to audition.
- The student and director must have a Submittable account. The application(s) and audition videos can be submitted through the director's account or the student's account. Students, please confirm with your director how he/she would like you to proceed. Directors, most directors have their students submit the application and audition video so that the student is free to complete it at any time during the audition window, but the decision is at your discretion. Please note - automated email notifications from Submittable are sent to the email address on the Submittable account under which the application is submitted; however, directors will receive information about judging, results, etc. directly from the PMEA D1 President.
- Complete the application form carefully. Please ensure that the director's name and email address are included in the application, not a private teacher's information.
- Record the required music excerpt(s) from start to finish without cuts and/or splices. Students should not include warm-ups in the videos. Students’ hands/body/face must be visible in the video. To obtain the best audio quality, a good microphone as well as high-end computers or digital recording devices for the recording equipment are suggested. ** There can be no use of any device that can be perceived to give aid to a student (i.e. no earphones, airpods, etc.)
- Students must upload his/her audition, through his/her Submittable account, no later than 10:00 p.m. on February 7, 2022. **Students need to consider the time that will be required to complete the online application and process/upload the audition video in order to ensure the timely submission.
- You may NOT wear any identifying clothing (i.e. school t-shirts, PMEA/NAfME All-East or National shirts) or include any identifying information in the file name or content (i.e. - using your name or school name in the file name or announcing your name at the beginning of the video.)
Tips for recordings in Submittable:
- The maximum video size is 4GB – the larger the video, the longer it will take to load
- mp4 files appear to upload better than .mov files
- Small rooms with good acoustic qualities will create the best recording
- A good microphone and a good piece of recording equipment (high end computer or digital recording device) are the two things that can most improve a recording.
PMEA District 1 - President
Band Director - South Fayette School District
3640 Old Oakdale Rd.
McDonald, PA 15057